Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet

Hello everybody,

can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and Ethernet
interfaces? Not much more is needed.

The RS232 interace is used to attach a GPRS modem module.

I want to use one of the following configurations:

1 - FTP server for the ethernet side, upload then via GPRS to another FTP
server

or:

2 - daemon that loads a FTP file from the ethernet side and then uploads it
via GPRS

As you see, that should be a Ethernet<->RS232 gateway for a ethernet client
that doesn't understand PPP.

I searched on linuxdevices.com and google but simply can't find a device
simple and cheap enough to match my needs. There are too many out there...

Thanks for any response!
Udo

Re: Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet

Just to make it clear: I just need a linux embedded module with a linux
system pre-installed. The application software would be written by me...

:
: Just to make it clear: I just need a linux embedded module with a linux
: system pre-installed. The application software would be written by me...

http://developer.axis.com/products/axis_83/index.html

  Never ever underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Re: Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet

http://www.dilnetpc.com

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com

http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html
http://openwrt.org /

Cant find it right now, but I seem to recall that 2*RS232 was
available on the inside of the box, not as external connectors.

Joop

Re: Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet

On the WRT54G V2 there is 2  ttl level Serial ports inside , all you
need to add is the MAX232 (233) , they are on pcb board on an
unpopulated plug  , 2x5 pins like a jtag plug (needs to be soldered in
also).

It contains a 200Mhz MIPS , but no means of interfacing a disk or
Flashcard

Carsten

Re: Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet

Hi Udo,

Lantronix has a small RS-232 <-> Ethernet Converter which has almost the
size of a RJ-45 connector, called XPort
(http://www.lantronix.com/products/eds/xport/index.html ).
Important: You don't need to care about the kernel, the compiler and so
on. I think it's a good solution if You don't have a big amount of data
to transfer.

I know that there is also a similiar solution including a Net+Arm chip,
which is completely user-programmable (except bootloader).

I hope this helps,

Michael

Notice: If You want to send me an E-Mail please remove the abc and xyz
from my address.

Re: Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet

Another solution would be the "ARM Industrial Module AIM 711", which
is running eCos as OS. It has one ethernet and a serial interface.

Look at
http://www.visionsystems.de/arm7.html
for further informations.

Best regards,
Roland

Re: Wanted: Linux embedded module w/ RS232 and ethernet
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:23:22 -0500, Udo Giacomozzi

Digi ConnectME, also now available in a WiFi version.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Site Timeline