Want to know about Finger Print Sensors

HI I m Sridar new member of this group. I wish u all happy new year. M fresh B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engg. graduate. Now m doing Embedded system and design course.

Can any one clarify my queries ?

1.I wish to do my project on finger print sensor as part of my course. I dont know which type of sensor is effective to use(whether optical, thermal or capacitive)
  1. Project is about the access control sytem. so i dont want to interface with PC. Simply want to interface with MicroControllers.Can u guys have any experience in finger print sensor interfacing this sensors please share with me
3.Plase let me know about some In system Programmers- Microcontrollers.

Thanks & Regards Sridhar

Reply to
sri

Sridhar, all sensors are effective to use. They all have different capabilities and constraints and a different pricing. If possible start with an optical one that is basedon total reflection. it gives the nicest images and the least artefacts.

You best interface to a PC and develop on a PC. Consider an embedded system later. It is much simpler to develop some software with less constraints, especially when it comes to fingerprints.

Be prepared that the problems increase exponentially. That shouldn't pose a problem as long as you accept an incomplete work as sufficiently satisfying as you learnt something and as long as your superiors accept it as such too. You just report some interesting stories on what you did and what you achieved.

See

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Regretably, I disagree with you,

It's extremely common with humans that at a guess are > 6dB younger than you. Languages are dynamic, as we, the dinosaurs, are finding out. (What did your parents think about Punk?)

The more worrying aspect is that the kidz expect to be spoon fed, are unable to use search engines, unless it's for bittorrent downloads, and rarely give any significant information in the original post.

Sorry for not top posting :-)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

In article , martin griffith writes

Yes English is a living language however as in all communications you need to be clear and use a subset that the majority or at least your target audience will understand. You need to make the effort to communicate with those who have the information you need.

As the OP needs to communicate with the old dinosaurs who have the experience and knowledge then he need to use a protocol they will understand and not piss them off.

I agree. If the are seeing usenet via goggle groups you would have thought that they might have looked to see if google has a search facility. (If it does not they are probably others :-)

The term "Research" seems to have become redundant in "R&D" these days.

Apology accepted :-)

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

What a reactionary, curmudgeonly lot we seem to be here and only a few days into what should optimism for the new year and a fresh start. The op may have limited grasp of English and it's bad manners to criticise on that point alone.

How can you expect to encourage and inspire the next generation to have passion for the subject if our generation is so small minded and mean spirited ?. Good parents encourage and guide, not criticise for the smallest transgression.

Hardening of the attitudes perhaps ?. ..

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQuayle

On the contrary. You misunderstand the objection.

WKS is the problem (Wanky Kids Speak - that has not made it into Wikipedia yet).

R U Comprehending? LOL.

Reply to
WKS

A Hardening of attitudes, arteries, hearing etc... something to do with age I think.

I look back over my (several decades) of training and learning and remember that I had to put in the effort to communicate with the "old masters" and do some of the hard work myself. No one appeared to make it easy. This was a way of making me improve myself and learning to research for myself. It used to be called an apprenticeship.

We have had this discussion here several times of late. People asking questions in txt spk without having done even the most basic research.

What is being asked for is plain English with as little slang as possible. (This includes native English and American writers) so that the majority have a chance of understanding the question. For those who English is not their mother tongue (Including Americans ? :-) you would have thought it easier to attempt correct basic English that the text the OP posted.

Also if you show that you have at least done some basic research or work yourself then many will and do pitch in and help.

Most of the long serving people on here have very busy lives and businesses. They will help if met half way. The seems to be a new bread of poster who expect the "Old Dinosaurs" to do the extra work of decoding what these posters mean and second guess what they want.

The problem is that many expect instant answers without doing the research Their first action is to ask the question here not do some basic research first or even properly formulate and evolve their question.

Then write in plain English. I can (just about) write in plain German but I have no idea how to write txt spk Auf Deutsch. SO I would suggest if th eOP can write in the form he did then he could write in clearer English than he did.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

In article , WKS writes

I no wot u men bt ? sud i hav 2 trsl8 its no me wot ned hlp. OP ned hlp.

WKS is now in the dictionary. BTW to be able to speak WKS you first have to understand English.... Using WKS might appear flash to his mates but is no use if he wants to communicate with the Old Dinasours who have the answers.

Sure we were rad and cool when we were young speaking amongst ourselves but when we spoke to out lecturers and employers etc we used a language they would understand. That or we failed the course or got sacked.

I don't mind who uses WKS, the more of them the better because people who do the hiring don't speak WKS. They won't get jobs leaving more for me.

They will learn and I expect the language will bend a little but it is not the Old Dinosaurs that will come off worse in this one.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

You are probably right, perhaps still suffering from a festive season overdose of goodwill. It was hard work in the old days, but every generation says that and if anything, it's harder now for young people to forge any belief in the system in the face of hire & fire and the breakdown of the unwritten social contract between business and society.

I think the old zen masters idea was quite good - hit over the head with a stick for not thinking in the right way, though how that would go down now, i'm not sure. I sometimes get *very* irritated by modern idiom, dilution of standards, corrupt leadership who should be setting a better example etc. The list is endless, but also see the irritation as a warning to re-examine my own attitudes. Kids help as well - who was it said "the child is father to the man" ?...

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQuayle

It's been my observation that those using language derived from text nessaging via cell phones are well versed in the English language. If not they couldn't understand the various obscure abbreviations.

Those for whom English is not a language in which they have developed a lot of skill may have odd grammatical constructs (more appropriate to another language) and use spelling that don't quite match but they don't lapse into single letter abbreviations any more than they lapse into pig latin.

We owe it not only to the crusty curmudgeons to use the language as correctly as possible but even more so to those for whom the language is a struggle. We do them no favours by introducing extra unneeded complexities into the language.

That being said, we all make spelling and grammatical mistakes. Getting worked up over all of them is way too much aggravation.

Robert

Robert Adsett

I have been working with a company with most offices in non-English speaking countries and we are using English as the common communication language.

I have never observed that anyone would be using the GSM SMS style abbreviation for common expressions.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

In article , Paul Keinanen writes

So I think we can safely say that anyone using the WKS txt style is a native or very fluent English speaker. So they could if the wanted to write clearly.

It's their loss.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

I'd always thought "rad" was made up by television by adults trying to create a youth word, I had no idea people actually used it :-) Wicked.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

HI Rene Thank you verymuch for your valuable suggestions on Finger Print Sensors.

Regards/ Sridhar

Reply to
sri