Want some tools.

Hi, I want to know is there any free Coding Standard Enforcement (CSE) tools for C/C++? Please give me a address.

Reply to
leilei

What kind of standard are you really looking for?

Style of code? Check for cb (C beautifier) and similar programs. Lots of editors/IDEs have this feature too.

Otherwise I cannot understand what you want.

What did Google turn up?

Reply to
Ed Prochak

I searched the Coding Standard Enforcement (CSE) tools on Google, but I do not find any one is free.

Reply to
leilei

Why do you need them "free"?

Is this for a hobby project or a commercial one?

Search on "C beautifier"

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris H

Look for "indent". Available free from GNU. For C, not C++.

 [page]:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

astyle is also pretty good.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I want a VEGETARIAN
                                  at               BURRITO to go ... with
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

The first question is if the OP wants a tool for cleaning up the code, or a tool for nagging about badly written code.

cb does not nag.

--
Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tauno Voipio

If you want "nagging", then running the file through cb and diff'ing the "beautified" version with the original file is easy enough.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm a nuclear
                                  at               submarine under the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

That will only check that your code is laid out sensibly (consistent indentation, brackets, etc.). While that's a worthy goal if the OP is incapable of writing well laid out code in the first place, it won't do any coding standards checking.

Reply to
David Brown

Lint