VxWorks tNetTasks

Ladies and/or Gentlemen:

I submitted the following questions to Wind River and have not received a response (and I do not expect to).

Maybe you know the answers to these questions given below?

I would like to know if it is true that the VxWorks tNetTask tasks cannot be reprioritized, rescheduled, or delayed as taskSpawn tasks can be.

Please refer to the comment at the top of the page at the link below for details:

Is it also true that tNetTask tasks are not re-entrant?

Thank you all, TDB Consulting at RR

TDBRR Consulting

You appear to be under the impression that netJobAdd() spawns a new task to run the job. Actually, all it does is add the job to the (single) job queue processed by the (one and only) tNetTask.

tNetTask handles the jobs in its queue one at a time.

srl100