Virtualizing QNX 6.0 - Page 2

Re: Virtualizing QNX 6.0

I have to ask:  Why even have Windows-anything in the picture?  There
are lots of one-box Linux cum realtime approaches available, and a
two-box solution (QNX in one, vanilla Linux in the other, enet between)
would be dead simple, and either approach would be far more stable than
Windows, both immediately, and also in avoidance of the Windows Upgrade
Treadmill.

If (as others have suggested) you use industrial-grade hardware, the
treadmill will churn far slower than with consumer PCs as well.

Joe Gwinn

Re: Virtualizing QNX 6.0

VMware Player or VMware Server are available at no charge.  VMware Server
is ideal for running VMs on a host that may be headless.

Re: Virtualizing QNX 6.0
mayby QWIN meets your needs:

http://www.ibv-augsburg.net/de/qwin.html

(Product flyer and white paper are in english)

Re: Virtualizing QNX 6.0

VMware Server is free, no?
(I've run the QNX desktop GUI [Neutrino?] under VMware and it behaved
quite OK even on single-core hardware.)

VirtualBox (now free from Sun) apparently plays nicer with some
peripherals (particularly some USB devices) than VMware does.  I've
just started to play with it and it looks OK.

mlp

Site Timeline