Virtex5 XC5VFX70T

Hi,

I just got an XC5VFX70T-FF1136 here on my desk, planning to put it on my self-designed board. I am just wondering what max. speed I can expect for my internal logic. The speed grade is -1 and I need to design logic running up to 582 MHz. Should I rather buy a speed grade -2 to be on the safe side or isn't that an issue?

Regards Saul

Reply to
Saul Bernstein

What is your internal logic?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

It is not as simple as it may seem to describe the internal structure and operation of the internal logic. There are many different ways to implement the logical functions and these surely contribute to the max. frequency. But in the end it is all about some simple control loops and simple image processing algorithms. Nothing complicated.

Reply to
Saul Bernstein

Enter the critical logic and run static timing. That will give you Fmax. Can't afford many lut delays between flops at that speed. May have to trade latency for Fmax.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler