video scaling

I am working on an embedded WinCE 5.0 project at my universiAD%ty. I
want to
play full screen VCD MPEG on 1024x768. I try to use an AMD GAD%EODE GX1
SBC,
which is equipped with an MPEG decoder assistant and arbitraAD%ry
scaling unit
(CS5530A). I conducted experiments with WMP: it worked fine AD%in 100%
size (no
resize of the video), but the fps dropped down significantlyAD% when I
tried to
rescale the video (ex.: 200%). The video playing at 100% wasAD% fine,
even with
a 720xX MPEG video. So I assume that the WMP, which is obvioAD%usly
renders
through DirectShow, may uses the MPEG decoder, but not the sAD%caling
capabilities of the hardware.

Are my assumptions right? The scaling capabilities not impleAD%mented in
driver20%
level?20%

BE1%lint KE1%tay.

Re: video scaling

Using the exact same hardware, but using Linux, I did a range of
commercial products. The only way to get acceptable fullscreen
performance is to use an analog video path and switch into a native
lo-res video mode when playing the VCD.

Site Timeline