video scaling

Hi,

I am working on an embedded WinCE 5.0 project at my universi=ADty. I want to play full screen VCD MPEG on 1024x768. I try to use an AMD G=ADEODE GX1 SBC, which is equipped with an MPEG decoder assistant and arbitra=ADry scaling unit (CS5530A). I conducted experiments with WMP: it worked fine =ADin 100% size (no resize of the video), but the fps dropped down significantly=AD when I tried to rescale the video (ex.: 200%). The video playing at 100% was=AD fine, even with a 720xX MPEG video. So I assume that the WMP, which is obvio=ADusly renders through DirectShow, may uses the MPEG decoder, but not the s=ADcaling capabilities of the hardware.

Are my assumptions right? The scaling capabilities not imple=ADmented in driver=20 level?=20

B=E1lint K=E1tay.

Reply to
val3

Using the exact same hardware, but using Linux, I did a range of commercial products. The only way to get acceptable fullscreen performance is to use an analog video path and switch into a native lo-res video mode when playing the VCD.

Reply to
larwe