Via and Pad sizes in Eagle 4.11

Vias and pads both have two dimensions; the drill size and the pad size. I do not completely understand how these dimensions are controlled. I can set a drill size and that value shows when I do an "info" on the via or pad. But the diameter seems more complex. When I do an "info" the diameter show three values "0.029/0.029 0.024". Or the last number can read auto. When I change the diameter, only the last value changes. What do these three numbers mean?

I see in the restring tab of design rules, there seem to be settings for pad diameters. Are the first two numbers the result of the restring settings? I see there is a percentage as well as min and max. Perhaps the first two numbers are the range of pad size due to the DRC settings. Anyone know for sure? What will I get when the set diameter is more or less than the DRC settings? What size do I get when the diameter is set to auto?

Reply to
Ralph Malph

This issue was discussed in detail in the eagle forums about 1 year ago... if you search, I am sure you can find it :)

I don't recall what the three numbers mean, but restring rules take precedence over pad size. If you set the size to auto, the pad size becomes (drill size + 2x restring).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards