VGA to LCD converter.

Hello. After some research with google, I couldn't find any information
(my fault probably.)

I need to connect a Pentium M based board to a LCD (LVDs or conventional
18 bits interface, either is fine.) Does somebody know of a board or
reference design that could perform such a task?

TIA for your help.

Elder.

Re: VGA to LCD converter.
Check our site at  http://www.mvd-fpga.com/fr/default.htm go to "Produits
MVD" and select "Carte TFT Express".

Walter.

Re: VGA to LCD converter.

Thanks, Walter.

Happily I still remember some french I learned looooooong ago. :-)
However I need higher resolutions (1024 x 768 mandatory, higher
desirable.) Is there any chance this board can be designed for higher
resolution?

Elder.

Re: VGA to LCD converter.

How many bits per pixel?  You mensioned 18 bits.  Do you mean 6 bits
each for RGB.  You can just use 3 6 bits Flash A to D plus some glue
logics.  For one of our customer, we are using 3 bits (8 levels each)
for 512 colors (8x8x8).  If you don't need real colors, 3 or 4 bits
should be sufficient.  A 3 bits flash A/D can be constructed with 2
quad op-amp for less than $1.

Re: VGA to LCD converter.

Look at the Averlogic AL300 EVB for ONE design. You do not give enough
information as to screen type you are using as 'VGA' is a much abused term
from and screen resolution to several different resolutions and colour depths.

Doing a google search on Graphic LCD Controllers, and several companies make
boards to do this to varying levels of quality depending on what you want
to achieve.

Whether you need to choose LVDS or 18bit parallel depends on the screen
module you are using.

--
Paul Carpenter        | snipped-for-privacy@pcserv.demon.co.uk
<http://www.pcserv.demon.co.uk/ Main Site