Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)

Hi,

Any comments (ideally, first-hand experiences) regarding individual vendors for tablets/phones/etc.? In particular, any to avoid or pursue?

I'm looking for someone who can address onesy-twosy evaluation needs (without having to get into lengthy discussions... "just sell me *one* of these, please") and volume (10K/annum) sales.

Please keep in mind your local laws re: libel in your comments...

Thx,

--don

Reply to
Don Y

You mean like

?

or

1 Lucky Texan

AFAICT, DX is a "middleman". I want to know who to go to "upstream" of them (even if I initially go *through* someone like DX -- e.g., for small quantity evaluation units)

Since none of the manufacturers' names "ring a bell", you have to wonder which are "quality" vendors, which push out "cheap junque", which are operating out of a garage, etc.

No, this is too "industrial" (and non-portable).

Reply to
Don Y

I've been sorely tempted to order a few eval units from this company:

No personal experience. Let us know if you try.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I don't *want* to talk to a person. I want to know who the reputable vendors are. @gmail.com hardly strikes me as reputable when their company doesn't even have its own (mail) domain name!

There are just too many knock-off shops out there and I don't want to invest a bucket of cash in product from one -- only to discover they're just a bottom-feeder that is just as likely to be "here today, gone tomorrow"!

Reply to
Don Y

"

e AT

ity

or

For the amount of cash you are talking about, we usually just go there to setup productions. You can't tell who is handling the productions even with big companies like Foxconn or Flextronics. There are tons of contracters working for/on behalf of them. On the other hand, it's hard to tell if a buyer is really committed to spend boat-load of cash either.

For serious buyers, we invite them to the factories directly.

Reply to
linnix

AT

quality

for

Hahaha, i understand your point, well they got a e-bay store

but is more related to dev kits. Anyway as she explained me they got a real electronic store at China. Most of the items i quoted with them incluiding FPGAs, they could send me right away. It is just an idea. Tell us if you find any better one.

Cya

Sink0

m"

ee

s.

There are probably a few hundred million stores in China. Even with a big company, all it take is one employee setting up his own bank account taking your money. The company will usually say that they are not liable for former employee's action, even if he/she was formally employed at the time.

Reply to
linnix