VB6.0

Hi does anyone know where I can get a copy of VB6.0?

We need it to enable us to support some of our older projects still in use.

thanks Phil

Reply to
Phil W

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:55:50 +1100, "Phil W" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Check Microsoft's web site, or contact them. They used to have a policy, don't know if they still do, specifically for developers who needed to support programs from older versions of language products.

The deal was that you bought a copy of the current version, and went through some paperwork to allow you to use the license to run the older version instead of the current one. They supplied the CDs for the older version at a very small cost.

See if they still have this program, and if it can be applied to VB6.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

As Jack mentioned, MS has a *very* reasonable downgrade policy.

"Downgrade Information If you require a previous version of Visual Basic, you may purchase Visual Basic .NET and then downgrade to a prior version.

To acquire the correct license:

Purchase Visual Basic .NET from an authorized reseller. If you have access to existing licensed software, you may use it or you can request the software media for a small fee (around $20 US/$25 CDN plus shipping and handling) from the Microsoft Supplemental & Replacement Parts Center at (800) 360-7561. Outside the United States and Canada, please contact your local Microsoft subsidiary."

Reply to
robertwessel2

Ebay. Search on "Visual Basic 6 Professional"

AntiSPAM_g9u5dd43

Thank you all very much for your responses.

I think we will try the downgrade option with Microsoft.

Thanks again.

Phil W

use.

Reply to
Phil W

Another option is the MSDN subsciption - this will have Visual Studio

6 >Thank you all very much for your responses.
Reply to
In Memory of tecNovia