V-Gear LANDISK

here in Germany some companys did sell the V-Gear LANDISK for around
90EUR.

Its a HardDisk-Case with a 10/100MBit-Ethernet-Connecor.
It has a HTTP/FTP/SMB/(S)NTP/Telnet/DHCP-Server.

I think its a embedded System like my Linksys NSLU2,
but this tiny thing did use FAT32 for his fielsystem.

Has anybody informations about the internals of this box?

You could see it at
http://vgear.com/products/list.asp?ProdID=AMVG1-017-001

and the PDF Handbook (sorry 3MB but with serveral languages... but you
should read the english part :-))) I did read the german part and it
seems to be translated by an old version of google-babelfish .-)) )

In this Handbook you could see the Mainboard of the Box and there is a
free and not populated serial port (9Pin DSUB)

From the design it looks like a small version of a Kuro-Box or the
Buffalo linkstation.

Bye from Germany
Guido.

Re: V-Gear LANDISK

this could be found at:
ftp://ftp.asiamajor.com.tw/user_manual/LandiskUserGuilde.pdf

Bye
Guido.

Site Timeline