Using SDRAM

Hi I am using a Kingston SDRAM 512MB for my virtex 2 pro development system. I am working on image filtering where i have to send the image file to SDRAM from my PC. I am struck off in the following two steps:

  1. How can I send the image file to the SDRAM. I can send some data values to SDRAM by the following code in EDK

#define XPS_MEMRAM 0x60000000 //the starting address of the RAM as given by EDK

//upon adding SDRAM Xuint32 *RAM; RAM=XPS_MEMRAM RAM[i]=0x123456

but i dont know how to transfer the whole file??? Also i am not sure whether the procedure is correct??

2.How can i bring the data in SDRAM to the BRAM. Can i add BRAM to my EDK and access it directly as i did in SDRAM. IF so how??? I was trying to write code in VHDL to access the SDRAM... but it was very difficult for me as i didnt get any nice example niether any controller for it???

Please help me if anyone have done work on this field

Thank you in advance

Reply to
rezaul