Using JTAG Interface

Dear all,

I have seen and used the prototype boards for Blakfin. They have support for JTAG debugging. These boards are manufactured in the company itself. Some microcontrollers provide the JTAG interface, if one builds his own circuit using these microcontrollers, how can one use the JTAG interface provided by these uCs for debugging?

When I worked with JTAG, I didn't had to pay much attention as to how these are done. I was trained how to use it. So you can say I am still new to JTAG thing. But now I really need this in my project.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

--Himanshu

 Himanshu Chauhan