Using Atmel AT45DB642D Data Flash

Hello:

Perhaps Mr. Samuelsson of Atmel or others could comment on this:

Our programmers are telling me re: a system which is supposed to use AT45DB642D data flash (with an MSP430)

Team:

---------- About the flash memory. I am in the process of writing the driver for it.

I saw an interesting thing ... the clock supplied to the memory is not continuous. It's the SPI clock which is active only when sending smth from the MCU.

In order to get a response from the flash memory [i.e. to perform a read] we need to supply the clock ... the solution I saw was to send first dummy characters in order to clock the device.

--------

I wonder:

Is this a reasonable approach?

If not, would you know of any such drivers being posted somewhere?

Thanks. Marius Hancu

Reply to
Marius Hancu