USB VID & PID

I understand that some silicon vendors provide a PID on request such as Microchip, unfortunately I can't see that ST have this sort of policy.

What do people do here rather than pay $5k per year for the privilege of 'owning/renting' a VID/PID combination?

I have come across MCS Electronics who sell PIDs for a withdrawn VID.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

It's *not* $5K/Year. You can join their big boy club for some crazy amount per year, but 5K gives you a VID period. No more $$$ required. I know, I have one.

Reply to
WangoTango