USB registration

Hello,

Does someone know something about USB registration? I am developing a USB
device and I heard that I have to register my company to  use it.... Is this
only when we are going to sell our product?? I am developing an debug
product for our own field engineers and programmers. What is the price to
register and where do I have to do it???

Thanks,

Niek

Re: USB registration
this

All info regarding this can be found on www.usb.org. However, you only have
to do that when you want your own vendor and product ID's and when you want
to put the USB logo on the device. When you are going to use the FTDI chips,
you can use the vendor ID of FTDI and you can request a range of product
ID's from FTDI, all for free. You might want to contact FTDI for the legal
implecations when you do use the USB logo in combination with the FTDI
chips.

Meindert

Re: USB registration
Thanks Meindert!!