USB port interface

I'm trying to control a motor from a computer (in real time) through it's USB port (or serial, but only if USB is impossible). The motor controller as a variable speed input from 0-3v and power and reverse switches which are on at 5v.

I'd like to get a kit / single device if possible as my electronics knowledge isn't that great!

The Velleman K8055

looks like what I need. I've googled for a while but I can't find any suppliers in the UK - anyone know of any? It retails at around £35 in the US.

Has anyone had any experience with that board or anything similar? I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to control the motor from it. Are there any other boards / chips / kits that people could reccomend?

Cheers Dave

Reply to
David Hulbert

Try the devices from

Rob

Whup! Pressed "GO" too soon.

Try the devices from

for the USB interface in conjunction with a motor control board.

Reply to
Rob