USB port interface

I'm trying to control a motor from a computer (in real time) through
it's USB port (or serial, but only if USB is impossible). The motor
controller as a variable speed input from 0-3v and power and reverse
switches which are on at 5v.

I'd like to get a kit / single device if possible as my electronics
knowledge isn't that great!

The Velleman K8055 (http://www.velleman.be/common/product.Aspx?id35%1346 )
looks like what I need. I've googled for a while but I can't find any
suppliers in the UK - anyone know of any? It retails at around £35 in
the US.

Has anyone had any experience with that board or anything similar? I'd
imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to control the motor from
it. Are there any other boards / chips / kits that people could
reccomend?

Cheers
Dave

Re: USB port interface