USB kit FX2 from cypress

Hello,

I am currently trying to develop a firmware on FX2 microcontroller
from cypress, which is able to send continously data to a windows pc.
However I have no idea where to start my doings. Should I first begin
to program a windows application (do I need to write a driver?) or
should I start programming the FX2-firmware. What I need is some kind
of sample, that demonstrate the communication from FX2 -
microcontroller to a self-programmed (with source code) windows
application, so I could adapt it.

Is there anyone who knows where to get these information? Currently I
am using a demo windows driver from "jungo", but if I create a driver
and install it, the CYPRESS EZ-USB Control panel does not work any
more on this port (message "no cypress usb device detected...." after
having clicked on "open all). However I need the control panel to
download monitor program, being able to load and execute the firmware
(keil compiler).

You see I have many problems and no idea where to start. Maybe you
could help with some information ressources.

Thanks in advance.

G. Brunner

Re: USB kit FX2 from cypress

You might try here:

http://www.lvr.com/usb.htm

--
Joe Legris

Re: USB kit FX2 from cypress
Hi again,

now I know that this FX2 microcontroller has to levels of usb device.
The first one is running without special firmware. It acts as loader
for the customized FX2 firmware. After that enumeration and
downloading the real firmware the 2nd step (renumeration) is
performed.
However it seems to be very difficult to develop a USB firmware for
FX2 chip and copy the firmware each time to my windows application to
perform renumeration. How can I verify the correct function of my
firmware without having a USB windows application. I mean: is there a
tool like terminal programs (I know that USB development is rather
different than RS232) with which I could simlpy send and receive data
to FX2?

Thanks in advance.

G. Brunner.