USB Host Implementation via device hardware

Hi all

I am currently using LPC2138 for my designs.

now I got a similar controller LPC2141 with the additional feature of USB device controller.

Now I want to know is there any way to implement a USB Host firmware by using a USB device hardware.

If yes please let me know the method.

I want to interface a USB based CDMA modem with the controller, so can I interface the modem with a USB device controller or I have to go for a USB host controller.

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

sau_sol

No. You can use an external host controller though.

--
Regards,
Richard.

USB

Can you tell me any external HOST controller for USB ? so I can interface the USB with my controller using some other protocol...

Regards, Saurabh

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

sau_sol

MAX3401 or something. Attach over SPI (device is slave)

Reply to
Bill Davy

Why not use LPC2387 or a similar device that has USB OTG on-chip?

Reply to
larwe

by

systems

protocol...

Sorry Sir But I am not able to find a part named MAX3401 so can you suggest something else for USB HOST converter.

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

sau_sol

What I found were these (MAX1450?):

Mel.

Reply to
Mel

At first reading that does not appear relevant. That chip looks to be something that you can drop into a device with a wimpy USB and SD card interface, where its normally transparent, but when you switch it into a special mode than an external USB host can get higher speed access to the SD card.

Reply to
Chris Stratton

MAX3421E

Reply to