USB embedded host. need help

Hi, I am currently working on a embedded host for USB thumb drives using PIC32 starter kit. Unfortunately, the embedded host does not support USB hubs. I am planning to transfer files between multiple thumb drives. Can anyone help me or give suggestions. Thank you in advance. God Bless.

dz

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

dzone007

Hi, I am currently working on a embedded host for USB thumb drives using PIC32 starter kit. Unfortunately, the embedded host does not support USB hubs. I am planning to transfer files between multiple thumb drives. Can anyone help me or give suggestions.

Thank you in advance. God Bless.

dz

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

dzone007

Op Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:05:11 +0200 schreef dzone007 :

No problem, just get some software that does. Or is your USB host implemented in an FPGA?

You didn't provide much information to base useful suggestions upon.

No, I will not accept blessings from any of your gods. Please have them returned to the appropriate deity. And besides, mythology is off-topic here.

http://www.opera.com/mail/
(remove the obvious prefix to reply by mail)
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

Hi dz,

I have read about a few projects like this on some forums. The concensus I believe is that the USB Host stack that is supplied free will only communicate with a single device and that the hub class and associated complexities of multiple attached devices are not included.

As far as I am aware, the only full USB Host stack for the PIC32 is from HCC-Embedded. It isn't free

Hope this helps.

--
Kevin Pope
Nohau UK Ltd.

Get a copy of Jan Axelson's "USB Complete" and read that. Unless Microchip have provided a reasonably full implementation of a USB host you have a fair amount of work ahead of you: USB host driver, HUB driver, MSC host side driver, SCSI driver, FAT/NTFS driver. A HUB driver need not be particularly complicated but a full USB host is quite a lot of work ...

Are you doing this commercially, if so consider one of the embedded host implementations.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

would this help?

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:

Coupon Specials:

Don McKenzie

PIC32

hubs. I

Thanks for the reply. I just got USB Complete. 1 more question. I am planning to utilize 4 usb slots. However, PIC32 has only 1 USB slot. Can I just tap the 3 slots in the bus? or their is better solution?

dz

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

dzone007

Is that not what the hub is for?

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

You could take two PIC32 devices, and hook them together.

Reply to
Arlet