USB EHCI & OHCI drivers on Linux

Hi,

We are planning to port the USB host controller driver from linux to dsp bios for our application.

Do we need to port the OHCI implementation also to make my host controller to work in EHCI mode? in simple words, is the OHCI implementation subset of EHCI implementation?

Thanks & regards, Nagendran V

Reply to
nagendran.v

Hi, what drivers you need to port depends on your destination hardware. To save time during development of EHCI high speed hardware, the orginal EHCI chips "hand off" Full and low speed traffic to OHCI or UHCI cores contained on the EHCI chips.

I have seen one EHCI controller that does not need a companion for full and low speed traffic. Most EHCI controllers currently do this "hand off", but there some that have one or more UCHI companions, some that have one or more OHCI companions.

Good Luck. ~Steve There is no "x" in my email address.

Reply to
Steve Calfee