USB device question

Hi,

I am debugging s3c2410's usb device driver for linux, I have connect the VCC, GND, D+, D- and the usb device end can detect the insert/plug of usb cable. I installed a IRQ handler for the usb device and it can recieve some interrupt of reset when I insert the USB to host.

But after the reset, no further interrupt happen. Even in the host side there are nothing displayed. I want to know how can I debug it?

According the USB spec, after the HOST hub send Reset to device, the device need to pull up/down a data line to indicate the existence of the device, can I measure this signal on the four lines? Which line should I measure?

I think the host didn't begin to enumerate the device because the device didn't send ACK of the reset to indicate the attach.

Thanks. Bin

Reply to
Bin Chen

Which version of USB are you using ? USB 1.1/USB 2.0.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

There are flow charts in appendix C of the USB spec that show the reset handling, and the text is in section 7.1.7.5.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

1.1