Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

Hi Friends,

Hope you're doing great. We are looking for Software Professionals
with about 7 years of experience and willing to work for the World's
Biggest Software Company - Microsoft.

We have a variety of jobs across different verticals at Microsoft India
Development Center (MSIDC) based at HITEC City in Hyderabad, India.
This is a world-class facility that provides State-of-the-Art
Technology, Infrastructure and Recreational Facilities that are on par
with Microsoft Head Quarters in Redmond, WA.

If you're interested in relocating to India for such a good
opportunity and be a part of the World's Best Software Company and if
you have good skill sets  in:

C, C++, C#, Java (for .Net Platform or Visual Studio)

OR

C, C++, Java, Product Development (for MS RFID Infrastructure
PathFinder - Adapters)

OR

C, C++, driver or kernel, Linux or Unix (for Windows Serviceability)

Please send your updated resume or contact us at:
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Also, if you are aware of any experienced Software Professionals who
could be your friends, family members or colleagues who are willing to
relocate to India for this opportunity, please forward this e-mail to
them.

Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/india/careers/idc.aspx to know
more about Microsoft India Development Center and other positions
available at MSIDC.

Sincerely,
Vamsi Narayana
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!
... snip ...

Looks like another nail in the coffin for the worlds worst software
firm.  Now they are encouraging multi-posting spammers.  Obviously
as ignorant and careless as Micro$loth proper.

May be an investment opportunity - go short on Microsoft.

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

1 biggest is not "best"

2 this is an EMBEDDED NG  so hardly appropriate for MS adverts

Then you are definitely advertising ion the wrong place.

Are we supposed to be impressed? I don't think they are any better than
the other large SW companies.

I doubt you would entice anyone TO India for this from Europe or the
Americas.

Now that is an incorrect statement . "Worlds Best Sw company" is NOT
Microsoft.

So now you know where these products are developed.

Gmail?   Then you are not a serious company/recruiter.

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

M$ did try to get me to join an embedded project about 6 years ago,
however the architecture of the kernel they were proposing to build was
so comprehensively wrong that the project was doomed to failure.  It
does not appear to have ever made it into the real world.

Possibly people whose jobs have already been outsourced there? ;)

Well they certainly don't produce the world's best software. ;)

Probably more "professionally" than at Redmond ;P

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "it made about as much sense as a polythene sandwich"

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

Microsoft believes they can target the embedded systems market. I dodge
their recruiters monthly (and I'm getting ruder and ruder over time -
for some _old_ material see
<http://www.larwe.com/technical/wipeoff.html - I've become a lot
meaner since).

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

I know... Frightening isn't it?

You would have thought that they would have learnt not to disturb you by
now.

Is that possible ? :-)

Ouch :-)
Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

Interesting, from personal experience I found that they'd bugger off
after about 3 years.  Although I got a bit snappy with them when they
started sending me bumph about jobs that were "program manager" or
"technical evangelist". ;)

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "it made about as much sense as a polythene sandwich"

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

At some point maybe a year ago, they switched [apparently] to using
100% external contract recruiters. These people are like pitbulls, only
not as intelligent.

Oh yes, the persona you see in c.a.e is the kindler gentler me ;)

(rummages email) Here's a recent text I sent to one of these
recruiters:

Ah... so, it's that time of the month again. Your company - a different
person each time, of course, given the nature of my replies - contacts
me almost exactly once a month with "opportunities" at Microsoft. It
used to be MS recruiters calling me directly, but I guess they
outsourced this function (or maybe I managed to get myself blacklisted
in their HR systems - God knows I begged the last MS gal to do this).

Let's be very clear about the situation and not beat about the bush
with
euphemism or circumlocution - a job at Microsoft is not an opportunity,
it is a sentence. The smart people are leaving [or have already left]
Microsoft and are going to companies with a future - Google being one
of
those frequently mentioned.

Every time Volt Technical Resources contacts me, I make it abundantly
clear: I will NEVER work for Microsoft. I've got a career. I've got a
well-established position as an author of technical books. I've got a
wife. Two large dogs. A '65 truck to keep me out of mischief on the
weekends. Most important, I've got self-esteem. Nobody could keep their
self-esteem as an individual contributor at Microsoft.

Besides, I own an iPod - and would never get involved in MS's DRM. I
wouldn't buy a Microsoft product, and hence I'm darned if I'll be
involved in selling one.

If I'm ever reduced to such a state that I'm soliciting sexual favors
on
a street corner in return for expired McDonald's coupons and
low-quality
crack cocaine, maybe - **MAYBE** at that point my judgement would be
sufficiently disturbed that I might CONSIDER a job at Microsoft.

Until that time, don't call us - we'll call you.

With heartiest felicitations on your impending decision to work for a
company with a brighter future,

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

PS: <http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/index.html

(As a side issue, I've also started handing out small printouts of the
Gutenberg etext of "When the Sleeper Wakes" to Salvation Army
personnel).

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!
[...]

Class ;)

My favourite response to a recruitment droid was (after he'd asked me if
I'd consider working in Cambridge on some shit-dull automotive contract)

"The only things I'd work on in Cambridge are Angelina Jolie and Kate
Winslet, simultaneously."

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "it made about as much sense as a polythene sandwich"

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!
On Thursday, in article

Obviously on the finer points of mammory allocation, and not anything
to do with I/O bottlenecks.

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

Over the past 3 years, the roof over my head has been shaky.  I live in
Seattle; I still have no motivation to work for Microsoft, not even for
the basics of food and shelter.  I consider psychological health more
important and would rather dig ditches.  They just have nothing to
offer.  Their corporate culture sucks, it's all about mediocrity.
Their technologies are uninteresting, they only lead in directions I
don't care about.  They're into treadmilling people for its own sake.
If they had either a better culture or better tech, I could stomach one
for the other.  But they don't have anything.  And I know enough
Microsofties and ex-Microsofties, to feel that my views are not
particularly prejudiced.  I sure run into a lot of jaded Microsoft
employees who are just taking their paycheck.

I think probably the only bright spot at Microsoft is Microsoft
Research.  Their activities seem to have no effect on the rest of the
company.  I think research divisions like that are insurance policies.
Keep 'em tied up in your own pool, just in case someone comes up with
The Next Big Thing.  Make sure it isn't happening somewhere else.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!
<snip>

Pay me at UK rates whilst I'm there and I could be tempted....

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

 M$ is laying off programmers , because when M$ programmers

 succeed , they put each other out of work .

  M$ found it could better create bloat and mem leak

 with Forth .   So M$ fired 156 programmers .

 Its a security thing , too many programmers will

 cause trouble , best to have only one ..

  all good s/w MUST be created by one person .

  Microsoft employs only one programmer , and many

 lacky s/w maintainers , whose job it is to answer

 questions fielded by rich users of WXP ...

   If you work for M$ , they will train you NOT to program

 but to interface with the public , answer questions , tell

 lies ....     Is this programming !!!

  M$ is no longer useful ,

 ARM Forthrite OpSys will bankrupt   M$ suddenly

Re: Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

You have failed the Turing Test, bye.

Site Timeline