UPDATE: HSMC General Purpose Interface Board, example FPGA design and Excel interface

Should have crossposted with with comp.arch.fpga.

At the end of November we released the HSMC GPIB, this provides much needed functionality to any Altera dev kit with an HSMC connector including....

8 * 10 bit ADC Inputs 8 * 10 bit DAC Outputs 2 * General Purpose 8 bit Digital IO ports 3 * RS232 Interfaces 2 * RS484 Interfaces 3 * One Wire Interfaces (2 of these can be combined for 5V I2C communications, all 3 can be used as jumper selection inputs) Micro SD card socket (SPI lines connected) Header for an FTDI Vinculum VDIP1 or pin compatible NSD FT245R USB slave board, this can also be used as a 16 bit general purpose digital IO header. 8 * LEDs 2 * SPI Interfaces

We have since released the USB interface board that used the FT245R use with the GPIB.

A user guide was initially posted, this has been followed with an example FPGA project with driver modules including the FT245R interface.

This is probably a useful example design for anyone starting in FPGA design.

An small example Excel app has been posted, this demonstrates how the board (or anything else) can easily be driven from Excel via a PC's serial port.

Details at...

We have a USB interface board based on the new FTDI FT2232H device in the pipeline. This will plug in the GPIB USB socket and should allow data transfers at 25M Byte/second.

Nial Stewart

---------------------------------------------------------- Nial Stewart Developments Ltd Tel: +44 131 516 8883

32/12 Hardengreen Business Park Fax: +44 131 663 8771 Dalkeith, Midlothian EH22 3NX
Nial Stewart