Universal IR capturer

Hi,

I have tried to make a universal IR capture for a Freescale MC9S12NE64.

My gold is that the output from the controller is compatible with the Philips Pronto format (

The program I been writing is working fine on the remote controls I have on hand.

However, the problem is that when I finally think that I have made it universal, I find a new remote control that does things a different way.

So now I am looking for some information on how to make I universal one for all.

Any ideas?

Regards

Steen

Reply to
Steen Larsen

Well, is it at all possible to do a universal remote? how r u going to take care of the device id which is unique for each remote within the same code? I am not aware of the pronto format, u have specified above, can u just elaborate a little. And, can u also specify whats ur requirement? I mean, do u wanna write a driver supporting every protocols? I wrote a driver which could support RC5, RC6, RMAP, NEC if the carrier frequency fell in the supporting range of the decoder in the box and if the device ID's matched.

Sudip

Reply to
Sudip