Unitrode/Benchmarq/TI bq2050 "gas gauge" eval bd s/w for DOS

Greetings:

Does anyone have the DOS software to talk to the bq2050 eval board (model ev2050) which uses a PC serial port for communication?

The software was originally available on Benchmarq's website as 'ev2050.zip'; searching the web and ftp spaces on TI comes up null (likewise for global web and ftp searches). The eval board uses RTS and CTS to bit-bang the comm interface and the DOS software generates power for the driver IC by toggling DTR and TxD for the pos. and neg. rails respectively.

The software is described as menu-driven and permits access to all programming and status on the bq2050.

The chip's serial interface is not 1-wire, I2C or SMBus but a unique 333 bps serial protocol on a single bi- directional line; in laptop battery monitoring, it seems that this is often handled by the kbd controller and low-level bios routines. Is anyone aware of an API (BIOS, DOS, *nix, win32, etc)?

Regards,

Michael Grigoni Cybertheque Museum

Reply to
msg

The communication is described in the Data Sheet. All though not very well. Have you tried emailing TI?

Reply to
Neil

-snip-

Indeed, that's where I started... I had just hoped to find that DOS software to avoid a coding chore of some magnitude on the PC platform.

No, I would appreciate any insight regarding the likelihood of success using that channel for a discontinued product (ev2050) and any pointers to internal addresses or personnel for better chances.

Regards,

Michael Grigoni Cybertheque Museum

Reply to
msg

I am not sure who to contact. I will see if I can find you a copy. I assume you have the EV2050 board. The program will not work without it. They have a newer USB one. It does HDQ, but I am not sure about DQ.

Reply to
Neil

OK Found it. It is version 2.51 Beta. I have the exe and the hlp file. Not the original zip.

Reply to
Neil

Thanks much for your reply. Yes, it is the EV2050 board; I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

That's great! How may I get it? E-mail attachments work or I can open up 'incoming' on our ftp server; please let me know your preference.

Thanks so very much.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Assuming I picked out you Email Address You have it now.

Other wise email is easier.

Reply to
Neil

Thanks again Neil, I tried replying to your e-mail but the smtp server rejected your address so I'll thank you publicly again!

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg