UDP receiving sockets on PXA270

Hi

I am using SCIOPTA OS on PXA270 processor (CB-x270 board). I have developed embedded system which has four UDP receiving process and two UDP transmitting processes.

The receiving process has receiving queue where incoming network UDP packtes are hold. Now the problem is that these receiver processes are reading network packtes from predifend port number. If there are any multicast packets on network they filled receiving queue of receiver process. To discard these unnecessary multicast packets processor has some time overhead. This is not acceptable. So is there any way I can get rid of these multicast packets without using any processor time. Means some setting during UDP socket configuration so it will discard all multicasted packets of network.

Network switch configuration is not option. I would appreaciate any hint or idea. Thanks Dhaval

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

Dhaval

Most MACs can be configured to discard multicast packets, so the software never sees them.

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems
Reply to
FreeRTOS info