uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...

I have the book, uCOS-II: The real-time kernel, bought before I
started using dynamic C (Z-World, rabbit semiconductor, RCM-3000
module). The version of Dynamic C I'm using (8.30) did not come with
the uCOS-II .LIB files.

Is there some way I can use or create the .LIB files (ucos2.lib,
os_cfg.lib, others?) from the source code from uCOS CD, or must I buy
these .LIB files from Z-world? Do I need to modify the other uCOS
source files (OS_TASK.C, etc.)?

Thank you

Re: uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...

What lib files?  The book has the source, you need to build it an link
it.
look up uCOS-II in Google. It is still a product.  They have a list of
CPU's that people have ported it to.
Maybe yours is there.

Re: uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...

Obviously you don't know a lot about Rabbit's Dynamic C.  This is a C-like
language that has one main .c file.  Any other modules are .lib files with a
not very C-like interface between modules.  It may be easier to convert C to
Dynamic C than to Pascal, but I'm not sure.

Alf

Re: uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...

I stand corrected the  MicroC/OS-II web site does not list the Rabbit.

Re: uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...
The Dynamic C port of uCOS-II is sold separately for $159.

http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/dc/DC8/modules.shtml#uCOS

There is no end product license fee to use this port.

Re: uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...

I don't think compiling the source with Dynamic C would be easy.  Dynamic C
is not ANSI C, standard source code will not compile using Dynamic C.   I
think (?) Dynamic C also has problems with projects that include many
multiple source files.  You will need to go through the code and rework a
bit to get it to compile.

Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org

Re: uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...

If he ports it himself, he will be subject to Micrium's per product
license fee ($2,500 the last I heard). If he pays $159 for uC/OS-II,
he'll get another copy of the book, a supported, working port, and no
per-product license fee. Porting isn't that hard, but it will take
more than $159 worth of his time.

uC/OS-II is also available for the Softools Rabbit compiler with a
discounted license fee.

Site Timeline