uCOS

probably uCOS
Subject: mCOS RTOS
Date: Monday, October 27, 2003 1:01 PM

who makes the mCOS RTOS ? If something like that even exists

Re: uCOS

Go to www.google.com, enter: uCOS RTOS

The first search result is the one you want. Remember to Google first,
then post.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: uCOS

lol

the first search item on Google is

RPS-MCOS Ltd
www.mcos.ie/

It is definitely not what I wanted

Re: uCOS
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (pacman) wrote in

It can move around, here's what I got today. The link is now 2nd:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=uCOS+RT
OS

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: uCOS

Jean Labrosse.  It was the OS that he used as the model for his
book and if you bought the book you got a free copy of the OS.

It has since been upgraded to an independent product and if you
want to use it for commercial products you have to, shock horror,
actually pay for it.  If you want to use it for educational purposes
I think it is still free.

The problem with having to pay for it is that it has been ported to
other processors by individuals and the support for these is not
provided by the person you have paid so this can be a problem

HTH

tim

Re: uCOS

uC/OS-II is a good little kernel.

Only a small piece of the task switching has to be ported, and it has
been ported to many processors already. You can download ports here:

http://www.ucos-ii.com/contents/products/ucos-ii/ports-misc.html

There is a yahoo support group in addition to the support on the ucos
site:

Jean LaBrosse started his kernel as a side thing, but uCos' success
has turned it into a growing, successful business. His Micrium company
offers some other products now also. http://www.ucos-ii.com/ Jean
gives a good RTOS seminar at all the ESC shows.

You can buy the uCos book here:

http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/microcos/index.shtml

Re: uCOS

Or you can find version 1.9 somewhere, this and earlier versions are free.

Actually I think the only difference between 1.9 and 2.0 is the copyright.

-M

Site Timeline