uCLinux running in flash on Palm IIIx

I'm trying to place a custom OS on my Palm IIIx.  I look at the ucLinux
& LinuxDA src, and they have a jump instruction at 0x10c10400 followed
by four characters "boot", followed by a WORD val of 10000.  That
pattern doesn't exist at that address.  I did, however, find it at
other addresses.

So, what gives?  Does/can ucLinux actually run from flash?  Does it use
a custom bootloader?  If so, where is it?

For the heck of it, I tried placing the above stuff at that address
(along with a simple, small program), but it didn't work.  :(

I really don't want to write a bootloader--if I mess up when I flash
it, the unit's practically toast.

Thanks much for any help you can provide!

Jim

Site Timeline