uC Slection for a learner project

Not really.

Take care.

Mike

Reply to
AC Me

Thanks Grant and Frank-Christian

I think I'm beginning to put a 'shape' on the concept. I will have a uC that will read intruments. This will store the acquired data in RAM. When there are 512 bytes these will be written to a MMC. The entire contraption will be configured via an RS232 PC connection. The data on the MMC can be transferred to a PC by use of a MMC reader attached to the PC.

I have a further question that will give me a head-start in my continued research on this project. MMC: I understand that MMCs have a controller of their own built-in. When writing (or reading for that matter) a MMC is it accessed like on- board RAM, eg the data at a specific address is read or written, or is it accessed by some higher level mechanism, eg. request the on-board uC to open/ read/ write a particular file, or something else?

Take care.

Mike

Reply to
AC Me

Ammiravo la mia cresta allo specchio quando AC Me ha detto :

look at Arduino

It's abouta 30? with shipment. I'm still trying to have the MMC working but it should not be too hard.

--
Nuno on zx-6r '04 & CR 250 '98 working in progress...
Say you, say me...say 'na mignotta!

The primary reason I am doing this is to learn, although it will be nice to have a useful item at the end for all my work. Amongst other things, I want to use assembler and/or C.

Thanks for the idea, though.

Take care.

Mike

Reply to
AC Me

Since it's serial only it requires special procedures to put and get blocks of data on it.

Read this:

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to
Frank-Christian Kruegel

Ammiravo la mia cresta allo specchio quando AC Me ha detto :

I don't understand your opposition...what has Arduino against learning or ASM/C ??

--
Nuno on zx-6r '04 & CR 250 '98 working in progress...
Say you, say me...say 'na mignotta!
*** www.gladio.org ***
Reply to
N1

Thank you, Frank-Christian. This is very useful. I appreciate it.

Mike

Reply to
AC Me

I understood from the website that the device is programmed using the 'Arduino Programming Language'

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all very much for your time and the valuable assistance you have provided. I do appreciate it very much.

Take care all.

Mike

Reply to
AC Me

Ammiravo la mia cresta allo specchio quando AC Me ha detto :

If you read carefully you can see that APL is just a subset of C. Anyway you can use avr-gcc and use the standard C language.