uC/OS-II port for the Freescale MC9S12XEP100

Hi guys, I'm doing a project for college that involves porting the uC/OS-II rtos to the MC9S12XEP100. First part of the project is to get the RTOS up and running on the chip and then offload some features to the coprocessor (Xgate module).

I'm in the research stage at the moment and need a bit of help to get going really.

At the moment I'm working through Jean Labrosse's book on his uC/OS-II but it's only getting me so far. What should I be taking from this reading? Should I be looking at ports other people have coded for other MCUs. My coding skills wouldnt be at a high standard so I'm a bit nervous I'll get bogged down in the nitty gritty aspects of this project.

Otherwise, I have the Freescale demo board for this MCU ordered and am ready to go with the CodeWarrior compiler.

Has anyone got any tips for a project of this type and how to approach/ execute it?

Cheers for reading and any help is greatly appreciated!

Patrick

Reply to
0450707

The key point you need to get from the book is the overall organization of the OS. The OS is very modular in the way the code is named and organized. It should take little time to fully undestand what parts of code need to be changed for your project. You should go to the Micrium site and look for a port for your specific chip. Once you have those files, you will only need to edit the Board Support Package (BSP) to get the OS working on your specific board. After you have the base OS working, you can then transport features of the OS to other hardware devices on the board.

---Matthew Hicks

Reply to
Matthew Hicks