uart problem_help

Hi all,

I am using dspic30f6010a interfacing pc with rs232. when I use hyperterminal, I can only receive something like

Reply to
zheng

No idea try looking in the Matlab manuals/help.

As you have not said what your actual crystal frequency and the define XTFREQ are, who knows?

Does the receiver need enabling or are your comments wrong.

Bad comment style starts as 'initU1' end comment says 'initU2'

This function may never be called as your appear never to set interupt enables. Not that it does anything useful.

This function may never be called as your appear never to set interupt enables. Not that it does anything useful.

=20

Why read the data in TWO places??

So from reset you dump ALL of memory or nothing depending on a register=20 bit, if interupts are enabled this could do either stop after first=20 character, or after NO charcters depending on how you have enabled=20 interupts.

Once we have stopped transmitting receive character depending on the setting of a bit, but receive data into ALL of memory writing over=20 ALL memory or stopping forever from receiving everything. All depends on your interupt enabling scheme not shown or commented.

This looks like poorly thought out homework answer.

Have you even got a program on your dsPIC to flash an LED yet?

--=20 Paul Carpenter | snipped-for-privacy@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk PC Services Timing Diagram Font GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny For those web sites you hate

Reply to
Paul Carpenter