UART

Hello I am working on a communication programme on PC which should work i the old DOS mode and am using Turbo'c'. The baudrate needed i

115200. How does one set this baud rate (bioscom does not support) the mother board is about three years old so I guess it may be havin 16550. Can any one suggest where I can get documentation on this IC I tried interrupt to receive and it works OK in win2K, dos mode an does not work on win98 os mode!!! why is this happening? Thanks i advance for the help

Regard

Reply to
Nayanip

By writing the appropriate chip registers.

Ehhr, google? "16550 pdf" Only 54.000 hits or so... :-)

Not sure. It should work. Many years ago I wrote a TurboPascal unit for this kind of comms and this worked on all windows versions from 95 to 2000. Haven't tried it on XP yet.

You may download it from

and use it as you please.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

By writing directly to the register, or using any which serial communications library to do that for you. Trying to get this to work for a DOS program running on anything else but real, raw DOS might well prove impossible.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker