UART

Hello
I am working on a communication programme on PC which should work i
the old DOS mode and am using Turbo'c'. The baudrate needed i
115200.  How does one set this baud rate (bioscom does not support)
the mother board is about three years old so I guess it may be havin
16550. Can any one suggest where I can get documentation on this IC
I tried interrupt to receive and it works OK in win2K, dos mode an
does not work on win98 os mode!!! why is this happening? Thanks i
advance for the help

Regard

Re: UART

By writing the appropriate chip registers.

Ehhr, google? "16550 pdf" Only 54.000 hits or so... :-)

Not sure. It should work. Many years ago I wrote a TurboPascal unit for this
kind of comms and this worked on all windows versions from 95 to 2000.
Haven't tried it on XP yet.

You may download it from http://www.customware.nl/source/comm.pas and use it
as you please.

Meindert

Re: UART

By writing directly to the register, or using any which serial
communications library to do that for you.  Trying to get this to work
for a DOS program running on anything else but real, raw DOS might
well prove impossible.