two USB slave:Interface

I want to transfer data stream from one USB slave chip to another USB
slave chip(single direction).
Shall I interface a hub chip between them? Or can I interface them
without a hub chip?
May you please recommend some references?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Best regards,
Davy

Re: two USB slave:Interface

Won't work.

USB is a strictly host-centric protocol.  One consequence of that is
that devices never talk to each other --- all communication *must* be
with the host (optionally through a couple layers of hubs).  Unless
those USB devices are actually on-the-go" devices (quite rare things,
those), what you want to do is impossible.

Re: two USB slave:Interface
Hi,

Thank you all for your help?

I have two more problem:

For the "host" scheme, shall I have two chip one hub chip and one
master chip to do the transfer?

For the "USB OTG" scheme, is the OTG a matured technology and is there
any producer provide the OTG chip?

Best regards,
Davy

Re: two USB slave:Interface

Read the specs Luke.

http://www.usb.org/home

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

For a list of chip manufacturers you might want to start here:

http://www.lvr.com/usbchips.htm

Stian Aamodt

Site Timeline