TV News Legend Walter Cronkite Dies at 92

TV News Legend Walter Cronkite Dies at 92

Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

Don McKenzie

Although I remember many TV events with him and the first lunar landing event, as well, what I remember him most for is a very long and thorough story he did on El Salvador in the early 1980's -- over an hour long. The one memory from that film that hit me hardest was seeing two young and frightened college students waved to the campus ground by right wing military running towards them and, when the soldiers reached them, they just shot them in the back where they lay facing the ground. An awakening experience for me. He put himself squarely against the administration in doing that film and it had to be passed around through underground routes in the US to get played here and I respected him for taking that significant risk at a time when it may have mattered some.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

...and what did he do for the world of embedded computing? Try alt.obituaries.

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

The guy was a legend. Lighten up.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

Possibly more than you think:

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/sparkfun-electronics.html

Coupon Specials:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/coupon-specials.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Nope, having scanned those links very quickly, I would conclude he was just a journalist. Probably a very good one and a much liked man (never actually heard of him before) judging by the press coverage, but nothing to do with embedded computing.