TV Capture Card For Red Hat Embedded Linux

Hi all,

I am going to make a set top box with a linux box. So, i am looking for some
TV Capture card that support Linux. Also would be easy to develop some
software for the Card. Any suggestion?

Or, did my approach is corret on using a tv capture card on linux to
implement my set top box? would the market use the other solution. As i am
new and doing it for my school project

Thanks in advance
Chun

Re: TV Capture Card For Red Hat Embedded Linux

Hi Chun

Check out http://www.exploits.org/v4l /

There you find many resoruces and information on what hardware to
choose along wiht similar projects.

HTH

Markus

Re: TV Capture Card For Red Hat Embedded Linux
: Hi all,
:
: I am going to make a set top box with a linux box. So, i am looking for some
: TV Capture card that support Linux. Also would be easy to develop some
: software for the Card. Any suggestion?
:
: Or, did my approach is corret on using a tv capture card on linux to
: implement my set top box? would the market use the other solution. As i am
: new and doing it for my school project
:

Linux supports a ton of video capture cards.  I use a Hauppauge WinTV
Theater (PCI) and it works wonderfully.

I would recommend that you browse www.freshmeat.net for software related
to linux and set top boxes.

ttyl,