Trying to find a connector

I am trying to find a 40 pin, dual row, .1 inch spacing,right angle,
rectangular, female pcb board connector. For the life of me I can not
find what I am looking for anywhere. I have tried digikey, mouser, etc.
All the ones I have seen have the pins on both sides of the connector
instead of off to one side.

The best picture of the connector is here

http://www.geocities.com/javaguy11111/IMAGE09.BMP

The connector like what I am looking for is attached to the lower
board.
Hopefully someone can point to the part number. I see them all the
time. I just can't seem to find one to buy.

Re: Trying to find a connector
Try www.samtec.com.  They should have something that would suit.

Re: Trying to find a connector

etc.

What you are describing is a female IDC connector, which is not as
popular to mount on PCBs.  You can alway use the male IDC connector (we
got that) and a female to female cable (we got that too).  The
advantage of a cable is that it can be bended at any angle.   We can
provide you a set for $5, including shipping.

See:
http://cfd.linnix.com/cable.jpg

Re: Trying to find a connector

Have a look at the ones near the bottom of:
http://www.dontronics.com/simcon.html

we have them in 30 singles and 32 duals, meaning 64 pins, but they are easily
cut down to 40 pins. We have both male and female, as well as right angle and
straight.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie