True IDE

Hi all,
1)I want True IDE specifications annd details on TRUE IDE. can anybody
give some URLs.
2)Is PCMCIA-ATA and TRUE IDE are same?
Thanks in advance

Re: True IDE
Hi all,
1)I want True IDE specifications and details on TRUE IDE. can anybody
give some URLs.
2)Is PCMCIA-ATA and TRUE IDE are same?

I googled it but i didn't get any information, plz help me
Thanks in advance

Re: True IDE

Well, you didn't google good enoguh. I found this:
http://www.ata-atapi.com /, just for start...

- Homer S.

Re: True IDE

thanks homer
I need information on True IDE specification like pin nums,data
transfer speed etc.
can u give me some info/links?
regards
prasi

Re: True IDE

The pin layouts and registers are available at
http://cfd.linnix.com/ide.php
Transfer speed depends on how fast your processor can setup the signals
and how fast the deivce can response.

Re: True IDE
thanks Homer,
But i need info/spec on TRUE IDE/PCMCIA-ATA

Re: True IDE

If you follow the links on that page you will find this:
http://www.compactflash.org/ which quotes speeds from 16MB/Sec up to
66MB/sec depending on your interface.

Peter

Re: True IDE
All ATA standards are governed by T13,
www.t13.org . You can probably find everything you need
there (IDE = ATA).
 There is a 50 pin connector, 0.8 mm pitched, used
on slim (notebook) CD/DVD etc. drives, which is not
to be found in the standards, but you don't seem to
be looking for it. If you need it, let me know,
I can probably find it somewhere on my disks.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com

Re: True IDE

ya didi i need full spec , i am studying true ide, IDE,MMC
so please send me the spec if u have.
regards
prasi

Re: True IDE
MMC is governed by T10 rather than T13,
go to www.t10.org for the latest MMC (MMC5, I believe)
drafts.
 Finding the ATA standards should be no problem at www.t13.org .

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com

Re: True IDE

If you expect to continue to get help with your homework assignments then I
think you should show some willingness to put in some of the work effort
yourself. I have already given the help page for Google
<http://www.google.co.uk/help/basics.html which is a moderately good
introduction to searching using Google .