Toronto parts stores?

Does anyone know of any good parts places in Toronto?  It doesn't have to
be fancy stuff, just glue chips, perf-boards, wire-wrap stuff, connectors,
tech-books, etc.  Ones and twos rather than quantity.

Odds and ends I can probably scrounge at the House of the Gorilla.  :^)
Radio Shack has always been useless, but at least they used to have boxes
and small project boards.  They still sell wire-wrap wire -- damned if I
know why -- they don't sell anything else that could use it.

I'm currently building a project out of a large junkbox inventory, but by
the end, there's bound to be _something_ that I'll need.

--
Ron Sharp.

Re: Toronto parts stores?

  there is another one just east of that gorilla
some on victoria park and south of steeles (electrosonic and others,
Sayal is there too)
another one little west on Gordon Backer
I think some also on College and Spadina area
rw

Re: Toronto parts stores?

This link might help.

http://www.active-tech.ca/locations/canada.asp

Mostafa

Mostafa Kassem
Re: Toronto parts stores?

Great!  I used to buy a lot of stuff from them, but they relocated and I
couldn't find them again.  Thanks.

--
Ron Sharp.

Re: Toronto parts stores?
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 20:32:40 -0400, the renowned "Android Cat"

Technically not in Toronto, but there's a bunch of other electronic
stores in the same strip mall as Active Components on Matheson,
including Sayal (relatively expensive surplus, often some big quantity
overrun specials available) and a few other interesting places.
There's also "Above All Surplus" on the north side of Bloor, west of
Spadina (west of Bathurst, IIRC).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Toronto parts stores?
Hi

I don't believe that you recommend that store to anyone.

Here in Ottawa this store looks like they are going out of business.

Only empty shelves and old crap.

Gerry

connectors,
boxes
by

Re: Toronto parts stores?

In Toronto, it is so going under... nice place to pick up chemicals
though. I have like $20 worth in points or something there heh.

Re: Toronto parts stores?

Chemicals might be an issue when Digikey finally drives them into
bankruptcy. Maybe Apache Burger is hiring. 8-(

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Site Timeline