Tool for Automatic Testing of Embedded SW

Hi

I am looking into possible tools to reduce the errors that comes from code being merged and also on individual code.

I am programming mainly in C and I am looking for a tool for automatic testing of the SW functions and functionality, possibly also a reporting tool.

Any recommendations for a good tool? (preferable on Windoze)

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

being merged and also on individual code.

of the SW functions and functionality, possibly also a reporting tool.

Gimpel Lint for static checking.

For documentation reporting, doxygen. For metrics reporting, possibly Crystal Flow? I've used a version of it in the past and it's a decent tool for getting a handle on legacy code structure. The "Professional" version offers metrics.

Reply to
Rich Webb

Am 24.04.2013 11:22, schrieb snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

being merged and also on individual code.

of the SW functions and functionality, possibly also a reporting tool.

There are numerous test tools and frameworks which can support you: CUnit, LINT, DEJAGNU, TESTSUITE, SILKTEST, TEAMTEST, VISUALTEST,... I don't know what exactly you mean by "automatic testing".

Olaf.

Reply to
Olaf Barheine

being merged and also on individual code.

of the SW functions and functionality, possibly also a reporting tool.

I agree with Rich on Gimpel's PC Lint. Great for catching subtle coding issues.

For dynamic testing (Unit Testing) the top tools are LDRA Testbed, Cantata++, IBM Rational Test Realtime, Vectorcast. These are all pro quality test tools and are priced accordingly. Typically in the $15K range. All have some ability to test integrated code, but are aimed primarily at the module level.

None of these could really be defined as automatic. While they all will scan your code and generate a framework for testing all code and decision paths, they don't write the actual test code. You still need to fill in test functions to perform the actual test.

Scott Validated Software

Reply to
NotReallyMe

being merged and also on individual code.

testing of the SW functions and functionality, possibly also a reporting tool.

By automatic testing, I mean stimulating a function with both valid range values and invalid range values, monitoring the function return values checking those against prior known response, overall to check the validity of the function code.

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund