Tool Chain for Arm Cortex M3 on Linux Host

I've been poking around without lots of success.

I'm looking for the right tool chain to use to develop software for a TI LM3S811, hosting on Linux. This would be distributed as a training tool, so its almost essential to be able to do this with all free-as-in-beer software, and highly desirable that it be open source as it would eliminate tracking down any of those nasty "you can use this but you can't distribute it" clauses that often come with free-as-in-beer software.

Are there any web pages that bring together using the gcc toolchain with an OpenOCD debugger, under Linux, to develop for the Cortex M3?

Web searches are bringing me lots of noise, with almost no* useful signal so far.

  • There's one company that has tools based on gcc, but if they are complying with the Gnu license to make the source available, it's well hidden.
--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Yes, we did use openOCD for the LM3S811 on a linux server, driven by window stations. We were too lazy to do the libusb interface on window and gui on linux. But you can also run the gui interface on wine.

Reply to
linnix