TMS34010 User Guide -WANTED

Hi-

I am in great need of a TMS34010 User Guide. The TI TMS34010 was an embedded chip with graphics used in the 1980s.

If you have one of these books lying around, please follow up or drop me an email. I will be willing to pay top dollar for this. Thanks, Thanasis

Reply to
chip

Hmmm. With the exception of the attribution (Thanasis instead of Dave) this post is an exact word-for-word, indeed, character-for-character copy of a post first made here on 17 Dec 2004. That seems much too much to be a coincidence. I don't know what is going on here but that makes me suspicious straight away.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 16:30:48 +0100 (CET), I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Andrew Smallshaw instead replied:

What's the point of your reply? You could have typed far less and given him what he wanted.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Somehow I suspect that Andrew is not interested in supplying him 'what he wanted', but does want to know why a three year old request has suddenly re-appeared, and what the devil is actually going on.

   Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:15:29 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and CBFalconer instead replied:

The question about the point of asking still remains. What difference does a repeated request make? Is Andrew so concerned about such an obscure, three year old request that he becomes suspicious of it based on nothing more than repetition? Have we become inordinately fearful of such things?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Reply to
chip

I am not Dave. I am Thanasis and i just need the same book. TMS34010 USER'S GUIDE As I dont know english very well (I just know to read) I copied/paste Dave's post. Thank's RAY but there is no TMS34010 USER GUIDE on TI's site. They onl have the Datasheet. The user guide has a literature number SPVU001 an contains the instruction set, registers, timing information etc.. So it absolutely necessary for designing a new system. Actualy I am going to design a -sub 200 USD- digitazing oscilloscope (a least 500MSPS per channel) and I need it as a low cost (you can find i for 10 USD -surplus or used) yet powerfull GPU.

Reply to
chip

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 15:17:11 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "chip" instead replied:

A bit of advice along with wishes for a good project. Don't ever design with an obsolete part. Start fresh and use parts that are in their life cycle, preferably at the early stages. The added cost will be made up in volume sales. Regarding the design, TI used to be very generous with a couple of samples on new parts. Ask them.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Thanks Ray, You are right! But its a personal project (that i will post it on web ofcourse) so ther is no need for a big lot of components. Of course I would use a modern IC but today GPUs are in BGA package (s there is a need for 4-6 layer pcb(high cost) and special equipment t solder it) its hard to find them and the manufacturers (ATI-nVIDIA) don provide documentation. Of course I found CPUs (eg: from fujtsu) with built in CRT controller an GPU but again I cant purchase them and also I cant find tools (compilers with reasonable cost (for an amateur) thanasis

Reply to
chip

Some of us don't have the luxury for small-volume and homebrew projects to spurn mature technology; package types, surplus availability and 5-volt compatibility often dictate using old parts. Getting folks who have retained their copies of user and reference manuals (for the older parts) to read these Usenet posts is really the issue. I renew my request to establish a continuing thread in some newsgroup as a clearing- house for old manuals to at least find homes for those destined for disposal and to encourage scanning to electronic form of those to be retained. If everyone would scan one manual or databook and make it available, we would have preserved them for all time, which in and of itself is a worthwhile pursuit.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:51:42 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and msg instead replied:

That's a great idea, Michael, and you could be instrumental in the start of this kind of thing. There are sites out there with free PHP and MySQL hosting that would allow you to set up a free place to post and indication that you have obsolete manuals for either sale or donation to starving student types.

Have a look here:

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad