Timers in Montavista Linux using Power PC

Hello,

I have to design a real time system with a sub 10 ms accuracy using
Montavista Linux. There will be an interrupt generated every 1 ms from
the hardware.

Is it possible to set the Montavista Kernel HZ variable to 1000 (1 ms
interrupt)? So what I am asking is if the tick in the Montavista
Kernel can be redefined ...

I need to design Timers - I need to decide whether I will be using the
kernel timers - or not.

Additionally how do I need an event generated when a timer interval of
(1/2) ms expires - Is it possible to do with a 1 ms timer interrupt ?

Thanks a million

IG

Site Timeline