Timer ticks occurring much more faster

Hi All ,

I am implementing RTC code on an AVR Atmega2560 I have a 32Khz clock crystal to TSOSC1 which is used by timer2 in async mode. I have configured the clock divide to 8 so the clock to the timer is 32768/8 = 4096. It is a 8bit so a interrupt should be generated every 16hz (4096/256).

So on 16 ticks make one second. If I add up second to make 5 minutes and light an LED on this event , it is happening within 2minutes. Why is this. I have checked the crystal is oscillation at 32Khz.

Has any on encountered this?

BR Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

ratemonotonic escribió:

¿Exactly 2 minutes, or perhaps 1 minute and 40 seconds?
Reply to
Ignacio G.T.

Investigating further I have varified the it is seeing a clock of exactly 200Khz. Just as an experiment I freeze sprayed the chip and it stopped seeing the 200khz clock. It looks like it is some kind of switching noise it was picking up.

Reply to
ratemonotonic