Timer in HC08

Hi All, I am using HC08908EY16 micro and CodeWarrior for my development. As part of my study I did one simple program which will use the timer interrupt. But it is not working .. I build this program on the

908EY186 sample available in the code warrior tutorial. I am not getting the timer over flow interrupt. Can any body point out waht is wrong with my code. I am using the MON08 debug interface. Here is my code

void InitTimerModuleA(void ) { //Initializes timer :TOIE bit enabled, // timer stopped, reset,Internal Bus clock divided by 64 TASC = 0x76; TAMODH = 0x4A; // Modulo=19200 TAMODL = 0xFF; TASC0 = 0x40; TASC1 = 0x00; } interrupt void TimerInt(void) { Count++; } And my PRM file is as follows

NAMES END

SECTIONS Z_RAM = READ_WRITE 0x0040 TO 0x00EF; /* 0xF0 to 0xFF reserved for Monitor stacking */ MY_PSEUDOROM = READ_ONLY 0x0100 TO 0x023F; PLACEMENT DEFAULT_ROM INTO MY_PSEUDOROM; DEFAULT_RAM INTO Z_RAM; zpage INTO Z_RAM; END

STACKSIZE 0x20

VECTOR ADDRESS 0xFFF2 TimerInt

Reply to
shibu

I suppose you're clearing the I bit in the CCR (global INT mask) somewhere?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hi, Spehro is right, do you use the euivalent ASM mnemonic "CLI" somewhere in your inits ?

Yvan

********************************* YBDesign
*********************************

Spehro Pefhany a écrit dans le message : snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Yvan BOURNE

Yvan BOURNE a =E9crit:

in

Or use the "EnableInterrupts" macro, don't forget #include

Emmanuel

Reply to
Emmanuel Poizat

Hi All, I am enabling the interrupt in my Main() as follows InitTimer(); TASC = TASC & (~0x20); // start timer EnableInterrupts; Still I am not getting the interrupt. But I placed the same code into another sample code availabe in "\Stationery\HC08\EY\EY16\C".Now I am getting the interrupt. I don't know what the hell is going on...When I place the same code on the sample code available in "\Stationery\HC08\Legacy\MON08 Target Interface\hc908ey16", I am not getting the interrupt... Also in the CodeWarrior Debugger, "True-Time Simulator& Real Time Debugger, I am getting the "MON8" menu for "\Stationery\HC08\Legacy\MON08 Target Interface\hc908ey16" project and "PEDebug" for the ""\Stationery\HC08\EY\EY16\C" prject. I don't know what all this things. My questain is, what all this MON8 and PEDebug means... Which development method I have to follow for HC908EY16 ...

Please help me on this... What this Motorola is doing... Please see how Hitachi guys are doing this

Regards Shibu

Reply to
shibu

MON08 is a P&E tool

Yvan

********************************* YBDesign
*********************************

shibu a écrit dans le message : snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Yvan BOURNE

Hi All, The interrupt functionality worked.by default the debugger worked in Simulation mode and in this mode there is no interrupt by default. So now I flashed the code and getting the interrupt correctly. Sorry for this simple questaion and wasting your time Thanks for all the support extended...

Now I am playing with SPI. But after transmitting the SPI data, I am geeting the receiver interrupt, but the Over Run error bit is set. What could be the problem. Does any one have any sample code on SPI Initialization, transmission, reception...

Thanks Shibu

Reply to
shibu

Reply to