Tight Constraint Embedded System

Hello All,

      Please any of you can let me know what are all the things I have
to take care in a tight constraint embedded system.

Now dont ask me what is the exact configuration on your board . I too
dont know at this point. I can say that its a very small compact flash
( Less than 4 MB)and Ram may be greater than (256 KB) .

I want a general overview on this . What all I have to look while
developing  software.

One more question :

1) How will you take care of memory management in a system that doesnt
have a MMU ?

Thanks
Rakesh

Re: Tight Constraint Embedded System

With as little information as you gave, that is quite impossible to
say.

You consider 4MB of flash and 256KB of RAM tight?  Boy, you ain't seen
nothin' yet.  "Tight", in here, means 4-bit processors with memorys
small enough you wouldn't even think twice about describing a problem
by telling an expert the entire RAM via phone, reading the hexdump off
the screen for him.  That system is a heavyweight, by the usual
standards of this group.

Re: Tight Constraint Embedded System

sounds like a troll.. no engineer worth his salt would even consider this
"tight"..

Re: Tight Constraint Embedded System

Sounds more like homework to me.

Re: Tight Constraint Embedded System

Sounds like a PC Programmer trying to figure out how can I fit a Desktop
Program it to that little CPU.

Re: Tight Constraint Embedded System

Loads of room!!!!. I am usually doing lots of things in under 64K total
address space (RAM, ROM and I/O). Current projects include TDS2020 (H8
based system) and MSP430F149. However, I know of systems that cram into
less than 512 bytes and are still very useful.

Re: Tight Constraint Embedded System

Homework solutions are stored in /dev/null.

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"

Re: Tight Constraint Embedded System