TI F2812 SCI RX overflow, OE error, no RXFFOVF

Hi everyone, I am having some problems with with my TI F2812 SCI. I get RX overflow errors about half the times I start my program even though I reset everything in initialization functions. It is after these initialization functions the interrupt caused by the RXERROR is generated.

What I find more puzzling is that only the OE bit in SCIRXST is set while RXFFOVF in SCIFFRX is not. The RXFIFST bits in SCIFFRX are also saying the buffer is empty. I have enhanced mode enabled and have the RX FIFO causing an interrupt when it has 9 bytes. This works as it should if my program does not give the overflow error at the start.

ideas??

thanks, chris

Reply to
chrislee