threadx

Hello
I am assignd to a new project invovlin the THREADX RTOS. I am a
newbie and doesnt knw whr to start. I hav chkd the threadx site and
othr devlopmnt tool sites. But thr seems to b no help for newbies in
them.

Whr shld i start. Which devlopmnt tool shld i use? Are thr any
devlpmnt tools avialable for demo? Im plannin to do the project usin
ARC. SO i chkd out the Metaware tool. But they havnt sent me a
evlauation license yet.

Is there any tool which i can use for compiling and debuggin the
threadx(with a evaluation version)? Any platform will do? I jst wnt to
get the feel of threadx.

Pls HELP

hashir

Re: threadx
: Hello
: I am assignd to a new project invovlin the THREADX RTOS. I am a
: newbie and doesnt knw whr to start. I hav chkd the threadx site and
: othr devlopmnt tool sites. But thr seems to b no help for newbies in
: them.

<snip>

: hashir

Sheesh - learn how to use proper words, not this l33t txt sp33k.

Glyn Davies / snipped-for-privacy@plig.net / www.technobobbins.com / Insert quote here?
Re: threadx

True enough, this avoids confusing the humans.  However you should
also learn to use proper comment delimiters, to avoid confusing the
non-humans.

Re: threadx

Apologies.

We now return to our regular service.

Glyn

Glyn Davies / snipped-for-privacy@plig.net / www.technobobbins.com / Insert quote here?
Re: threadx

It's amazing, I tell you. Utterly amazing. **shakes head** He compresses
damn well every word in there and leaves "I am" expanded. What is this
world coming to?

Brett

Re: threadx
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said

Buy some vowels ... and a few consonants as well.

Whatever compiler you use is going to love your code syntax.

Casey

Re: threadx

Try the following sentence or buy a new keyboard:

Hll
m ssgnd t nw prjct invvln th THRDX RTS. m
nwb nd dsnt knw whr t strt. hv chkd th thrdx st nd
thr dvlpmnt tl sts. Bt thr sms t b n hlp fr nwbs n
thm..................

Re: threadx

Start here: http://www.guidenet.net/resources/wanker.html

Cell phones are ill-suited for posting to Usenet and for code
development.

They probably couldn't make any sense out of your evaluation request.

lint for your code.

A spell-checker for your comments.

You will have to develop your own C-ish compiler that understands your
particular language syntax:

    whl () {}
    4 () {}
    go2
    if/ls

Dan Henry

Re: threadx
Dear Hashir (This rhymes, no pun intended   ;-)

My two pennies worth. Try this when 'composing'.
(cut and paste below code to duh.c and for the
remainder... I hope you know the drill. Usage?
Yeah, well, take a guess.)

It may be worthwhile to extend this crude hack
with a function that replaces expressions like 'be
seeing you' by something like 'bcnu'. Hint:
expressions may span two or lines!

<<<<<BEGIN CUT>>>>>>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>

typedef struct tagSMSLINGO
{
 char* common;
 char* sms;
}
SMSLINGO;

SMSLINGO smslingo[]=
{
 ,
 ,
 ,
 ,

};

char* delimiter="\t\n,;:.!?()- ";

#define isvowel(c)
((c)=='a'||(c)=='e'||(c)=='i'||(c)=='o'||(c)=='u'||(c)=='y')

char* checksmslingo(char* word)
{
 int i;
 for(i=0;smslingo[i].common;i++)
  if(strcmp(smslingo[i].common,word)==0)
   return smslingo[i].sms;
 return NULL;
}

char* killvowels(char* word)
{
 char* p;

 for(p=word;*p;p++)
  if(isvowel(*p))
   strcpy(p,p+1);
 return word;
}

unsigned int countvowels(char* word)
{
 int vc=0;
 char* p;

 for(p=word;*p;p++)
  if(isvowel(*p))
   vc++;
 return vc;
}

int main(void)
{
 char buffer[256];
 char* p;
 char* q;

 do
 {
  fgets(buffer,255,stdin);
  strlwr(buffer);

  if (ferror(stdin) || feof(stdin))
   continue;

  p = strtok(buffer,delimiter);
  while(p)
  {
   q=p;
   if((p=checksmslingo(p))==NULL)
    if(countvowels(q)!=strlen(q))
     p=killvowels(q);
    else
     p=q;

   fputs(p,stdout);
   fputc(' ',stdout);

   p = strtok(NULL,delimiter);
  }
 }
 while(!ferror(stdin) && !feof(stdin));
 return 0;
}

<<<<<END CUT>>>>>>

This is a really quick and dirty hack, so if you come
across any inconsistencies, feel free to correct them,
but don't bother me with it!

Oh, BTW, try http://www.expresslogic.com/doc-request-form.asp
to download documentation.

Cordially

Waldemar

Re: threadx
*** Silly top-posting fixed ***

... snip code to replace english with cool incoherencies ...

Now that many of us have enjoyed ourselves instructing the hapless
Hashir in English composition and the art of communicating clearly,
we might continue the campaign for clarity with the top-posters
amongst us.  The ratio of format to response replies in this thread
is about 8 to 0 - if we collectively took similar action with
top-posters and failure to snip the results might be impressive.

NOTE: newsgroups in which the usual language is written from the
bottom-up (does this include Chinese?) have no need to exterminate
top-posters.

Re: threadx

I know top posting upsets many people in Usenet (and some other
newsgroup like communities) and though I know the rationale for that I
do not fully agree with it. IMO this practice is much less insidious
than quoting the whole thread (laziness aka total inconsiderate
behaviour). Tens, sometimes hundreds of lines quoted just to add a few
lines of new information (sometimes worthless BTW.) That does drive me
crazy.

Regards.

Elder.

Re: threadx
Hellllllloooooooooo
Thanks a LOT. That was beautiful. Sorry about my spelling . Hey, I
would be blaming my English teacher for that and not myself.

Does anybody know anything about Threadx. Sorry for the delay..Was
out hunting for threadx. I got the source :-). But would love to get to
know it more before i end up with some stupid development tool. Please
help me. Do you know about any development tool with an evaluation
license so that i could get a program working...and get to feel the
threadx babe.

  REGRADS

hashir

Re: threadx
Hmmmmmmm,

    You say you now have the source.

    If you purchased the source, then a porting guide would have come along
with it.

    If all you have is a pirated copy of the source, then you have  some
work on your hands.

    You have said that you are a newbie as well.

    I think this will be more then you want to tackle at this time in your
education.

    Also Threadx is best used on 32-bit systems with lots of Memory.

    There are not too many C++ compilers for 8 bit systems out there. (
none that I know of anyway )

    Good Luck and enjoy.

Re: threadx
Hi
some
work on your hands.

:-), The source is genuine,alright.I tired a LOT to a pirated one. But
,I dont know, the world suddenly has become a very neat place.I somehow
managed to presuade my boss to get for me threadx - 386arch. so i wont
need to worry about the board as well.

The source that i have is for the 386 architecture.

Is there any tool in LINUX or free software for running
/simulating/compiling Threadx ?

THANKs A LOT

hashir

Re: threadx
Hi
some
work on your hands.

:-), The source is genuine . I tired a LOT to a pirated one. But , it
didnt work..:-).  I somehow managed to presuade my boss to get for me
threadx - 386arch. so i wont need to worry about the board as well.

The source that i have is for the 386 architecture. I dont know if its
the purchased version or just an evaluation version that the threadx
people give.

Is there any tool in LINUX or free software for running
/simulating/compiling Threadx ?

THANKs A LOT

hashir

Re: threadx
Hello again.
I downloaded the codewarrior demo. And those nice people sent me a
evaluation license too. But it doesnt seem to have threadx in the
target OS choice menu. Maybe thats available only with the registred
version.

Metroworks codewarrior can be used to compile thread,says threadx.com.

http://threadx.com/debug-metrowerks.html

But AFAIK ;-),it doesnt seem to work with the demo.:-(
Any brilliant ideas ?

Re: threadx

Check IAR. I've been told they integrate ThreadX to their IDE.

HTH.

Elder.

Re: threadx
... snip ...

I know nothing about a package called Threadx.  I do know something
about threads, processes, and concurrency.  If that is your problem
I can recommend a book called "Principles of Concurrent
Programming", by Ben-Ari.  All you have to do is find it.  It will
give you all the fundamentals you need.

Re: threadx

ThreadX is a royalty-free, small footprint RTOS sold by Express Logic.
It was developed by William Lamie, who was also the original author of
the Nucleus RTOS, sold by Accelerated Technologies/Mentor Graphics.  The
RTOS C source is provided.  It is task-oriented, and usually used on
32-bit micros without an MMU.  It is fully preemptive, and offers an
very fast context switch time.

--Gene

Re: threadx

Wow, nearly all RTOS's I know of, offer very fast context switch time.
The biggest part of it is determined by saving and restoring a context
(which is CPU register + some bytes).

So it is hardly something to differ RTOS's.

--
42Bastian