threadx

Hello I am assignd to a new project invovlin the THREADX RTOS. I am a newbie and doesnt knw whr to start. I hav chkd the threadx site and othr devlopmnt tool sites. But thr seems to b no help for newbies in them.

Whr shld i start. Which devlopmnt tool shld i use? Are thr any devlpmnt tools avialable for demo? Im plannin to do the project usin ARC. SO i chkd out the Metaware tool. But they havnt sent me a evlauation license yet.

Is there any tool which i can use for compiling and debuggin the threadx(with a evaluation version)? Any platform will do? I jst wnt to get the feel of threadx.

Pls HELP

hashir

Reply to
hashir.mail

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: : Hello : I am assignd to a new project invovlin the THREADX RTOS. I am a : newbie and doesnt knw whr to start. I hav chkd the threadx site and : othr devlopmnt tool sites. But thr seems to b no help for newbies in : them.

: hashir

Sheesh - learn how to use proper words, not this l33t txt sp33k.

Glyn Davies / gryn@plig.net / www.technobobbins.com / Insert quote here?
Glyn Davies

True enough, this avoids confusing the humans. However you should also learn to use proper comment delimiters, to avoid confusing the non-humans.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

It's amazing, I tell you. Utterly amazing. **shakes head** He compresses damn well every word in there and leaves "I am" expanded. What is this world coming to?

Brett

Reply to
Brett Foster

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said

Buy some vowels ... and a few consonants as well.

Whatever compiler you use is going to love your code syntax.

Casey

Reply to
Casey

Apologies.

We now return to our regular service.

Glyn

Glyn Davies / gryn@plig.net / www.technobobbins.com / Insert quote here?
Glyn Davies

Try the following sentence or buy a new keyboard:

Hll m ssgnd t nw prjct invvln th THRDX RTS. m nwb nd dsnt knw whr t strt. hv chkd th thrdx st nd thr dvlpmnt tl sts. Bt thr sms t b n hlp fr nwbs n thm..................

Reply to
Frank

Start here:

Cell phones are ill-suited for posting to Usenet and for code development.

They probably couldn't make any sense out of your evaluation request.

lint for your code.

A spell-checker for your comments.

You will have to develop your own C-ish compiler that understands your particular language syntax:

whl () {} 4 () {} go2 if/ls ...

-- Dan Henry

Reply to
Dan Henry

Dear Hashir (This rhymes, no pun intended ;-)

My two pennies worth. Try this when 'composing'. (cut and paste below code to duh.c and for the remainder... I hope you know the drill. Usage? Yeah, well, take a guess.)

It may be worthwhile to extend this crude hack with a function that replaces expressions like 'be seeing you' by something like 'bcnu'. Hint: expressions may span two or lines!

#include #include #include

typedef struct tagSMSLINGO { char* common; char* sms; } SMSLINGO;

SMSLINGO smslingo[]= { {"you","u"}, {"why","y"}, {"later","l8r"}, {"translator","xl8r"}, {NULL,NULL} };

char* delimiter="\t\n,;:.!?()- ";

#define isvowel(c) ((c)=='a'||(c)=='e'||(c)=='i'||(c)=='o'||(c)=='u'||(c)=='y')

char* checksmslingo(char* word) { int i; for(i=0;smslingo[i].common;i++) if(strcmp(smslingo[i].common,word)==0) return smslingo[i].sms; return NULL; }

char* killvowels(char* word) { char* p;

for(p=word;*p;p++) if(isvowel(*p)) strcpy(p,p+1); return word; }

unsigned int countvowels(char* word) { int vc=0; char* p;

for(p=word;*p;p++) if(isvowel(*p)) vc++; return vc; }

int main(void) { char buffer[256]; char* p; char* q;

do { fgets(buffer,255,stdin); strlwr(buffer);

if (ferror(stdin) || feof(stdin)) continue;

p = strtok(buffer,delimiter); while(p) { q=p; if((p=checksmslingo(p))==NULL) if(countvowels(q)!=strlen(q)) p=killvowels(q); else p=q;

fputs(p,stdout); fputc(' ',stdout);

p = strtok(NULL,delimiter); } } while(!ferror(stdin) && !feof(stdin)); return 0; }

This is a really quick and dirty hack, so if you come across any inconsistencies, feel free to correct them, but don't bother me with it!

Oh, BTW, try

to download documentation.

Cordially

Waldemar

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
WaldemarIII

... snip code to replace english with cool incoherencies ...

Now that many of us have enjoyed ourselves instructing the hapless Hashir in English composition and the art of communicating clearly, we might continue the campaign for clarity with the top-posters amongst us. The ratio of format to response replies in this thread is about 8 to 0 - if we collectively took similar action with top-posters and failure to snip the results might be impressive.

NOTE: newsgroups in which the usual language is written from the bottom-up (does this include Chinese?) have no need to exterminate top-posters.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

I know top posting upsets many people in Usenet (and some other newsgroup like communities) and though I know the rationale for that I do not fully agree with it. IMO this practice is much less insidious than quoting the whole thread (laziness aka total inconsiderate behaviour). Tens, sometimes hundreds of lines quoted just to add a few lines of new information (sometimes worthless BTW.) That does drive me crazy.

Regards.

Elder.

Reply to
Elder Costa

Hellllllloooooooooo Thanks a LOT. That was beautiful. Sorry about my spelling . Hey, I would be blaming my English teacher for that and not myself.

Does anybody know anything about Threadx. Sorry for the delay..Was out hunting for threadx. I got the source :-). But would love to get to know it more before i end up with some stupid development tool. Please help me. Do you know about any development tool with an evaluation license so that i could get a program working...and get to feel the threadx babe.

REGRADS

hashir

Reply to
hashir.mail

Hmmmmmmm,

You say you now have the source.

If you purchased the source, then a porting guide would have come along with it.

If all you have is a pirated copy of the source, then you have some work on your hands.

You have said that you are a newbie as well.

I think this will be more then you want to tackle at this time in your education.

Also Threadx is best used on 32-bit systems with lots of Memory.

There are not too many C++ compilers for 8 bit systems out there. ( none that I know of anyway )

Good Luck and enjoy.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
hamilton

Hello again. I downloaded the codewarrior demo. And those nice people sent me a evaluation license too. But it doesnt seem to have threadx in the target OS choice menu. Maybe thats available only with the registred version.

Metroworks codewarrior can be used to compile thread,says threadx.com.

But AFAIK ;-),it doesnt seem to work with the demo.:-( Any brilliant ideas ?

Reply to
hashir.mail

Hi

some work on your hands.

:-), The source is genuine,alright.I tired a LOT to a pirated one. But ,I dont know, the world suddenly has become a very neat place.I somehow managed to presuade my boss to get for me threadx - 386arch. so i wont need to worry about the board as well.

The source that i have is for the 386 architecture.

Is there any tool in LINUX or free software for running /simulating/compiling Threadx ?

THANKs A LOT

hashir

Reply to
hashir.mail

Hi

some work on your hands.

:-), The source is genuine . I tired a LOT to a pirated one. But , it didnt work..:-). I somehow managed to presuade my boss to get for me threadx - 386arch. so i wont need to worry about the board as well.

The source that i have is for the 386 architecture. I dont know if its the purchased version or just an evaluation version that the threadx people give.

Is there any tool in LINUX or free software for running /simulating/compiling Threadx ?

THANKs A LOT

hashir

Reply to
hashir.mail

... snip ...

I know nothing about a package called Threadx. I do know something about threads, processes, and concurrency. If that is your problem I can recommend a book called "Principles of Concurrent Programming", by Ben-Ari. All you have to do is find it. It will give you all the fundamentals you need.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

ThreadX is a royalty-free, small footprint RTOS sold by Express Logic. It was developed by William Lamie, who was also the original author of the Nucleus RTOS, sold by Accelerated Technologies/Mentor Graphics. The RTOS C source is provided. It is task-oriented, and usually used on

32-bit micros without an MMU. It is fully preemptive, and offers an very fast context switch time.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Check IAR. I've been told they integrate ThreadX to their IDE.

HTH.

Elder.

Reply to
Elder Costa

Wow, nearly all RTOS's I know of, offer very fast context switch time. The biggest part of it is determined by saving and restoring a context (which is CPU register + some bytes).

So it is hardly something to differ RTOS's.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)